Casting—Normalizing&Tempering—Rough machining—Hardening Tempering—Semi-finishing machining—Drilling deep hole—Hobbing—Tooth Surface Quenching—Gear grinding—Inspection—Package—Delivery
Double Helical Gear Processing
Herringbone Gear Ring drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
Large Herringbone Gear Package
Spray anti-rust oil on Big Herringbone Gear, Wrap waterproof cloth around Helical Gear, Prepare package by gear shape & weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
OEM Customized Helical Gear Wheel
We supply OEM SERVICE, customized herringbone gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material Herringbone Pinion.
|Gear Teeth Number||z||OEM/Customized|
|Surface hardness||HRC||Range: HRC 50~HRC63(Quenching)|
|Hardness:||HB||Range: HB150~HB280; Hardening Tempering/ Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Surface finish||Range: Ra1.6~Ra3.2|
|Tooth surface roughness||Ra||Range: ≥0.4|
|Gear Accuracy Grade||Grade Range: 5-6-7-8-9 (ISO 1328)|
|Weight||Kg||Range: >100kg/ Single Piece|
|Toothed Portion Shape||Herringbone, Spur, Helical, Girth gear etc|
|Shaft shape||Herringbone Gear ring|
|Material||Casting 45# steel or Customized|
|Gear Teeth Milling||√|
|Gear Teeth Grinding||√|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching /Carburizing|
|Application||Gearbox, Reducer etc|
|Transport Package||Export package (steel frame, wooden box, etc.)|
TOTEM Machinery all the time works to supply GEAR SHAFT, ECCENTRIC SHAFT, HERRINGBONE GEAR, BEVEL GEAR, INTERNAL GEAR and other parts for transmission device & equipment (large industrial reducer & driver). Which mainly use to industrial equipment on fields of port facilities, cement, mining, metallurgical industry etc.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality suppliers’ network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
TOTEM Philosophy: Quality-No.1, Integrity- No.1, Service- No.1
24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback. Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
1. Workshop & Processing Strength
2. Testing Facilities
3. Customer Inspection & Shipping
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Machinery Co.,Ltd
Facebook: ZheJiang Tote
What’s CHINAMFG product processing progress?
Drawing CHECK, Make Forging Mold, Forging Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
How about TOTEM’s export package?
Spray anti-rust oil on Herringbone Gear Shaft, Wrap waterproof cloth around Gear Shaft for reducer, Prepare package by shaft shape&weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
Could I customize gear\gear shaft on TOTEM?
We supply customized Gear Shaft,Eccentric Shaft,Herringbone Gear,Internal Gear,Bevel Gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, forging or casting 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material.
Why can I choose TOTEM?
TOTEM has 24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality supplier’s network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Gearbox|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Herringbone|
What are the benefits of using a herringbone gear mechanism?
Using a herringbone gear mechanism offers several benefits due to its unique design and characteristics. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using a herringbone gear mechanism:
- High Load Capacity: Herringbone gears are capable of handling high torque loads due to their double helical tooth design. The opposing helix angles of the two sides of the gear create a balanced load distribution, allowing for increased load-carrying capacity compared to other gear types. This makes herringbone gears suitable for applications that involve heavy loads and high power transmission requirements.
- Bidirectional Power Transmission: Herringbone gears are capable of transmitting power in both directions. The double helical tooth profile cancels out axial thrust forces that would occur in single helical gears, allowing for bidirectional power transfer without the need for additional thrust bearings or special mechanisms. This feature is particularly advantageous in applications where reversible power transmission is required.
- Smooth and Quiet Operation: The double helical tooth design of herringbone gears helps to cancel out axial and radial forces, resulting in smooth and quiet operation. The opposing helix angles of the two sides of the gear minimize gear vibrations and reduce noise levels during engagement. This makes herringbone gears suitable for applications where low noise and vibration are desired, such as precision machinery, printing presses, and automotive transmissions.
- Improved Gear Tooth Strength: The double helical tooth design of herringbone gears provides enhanced tooth strength compared to single helical gears. The opposing helix angles create a self-centering effect that reduces tooth deflection and improves load distribution along the tooth surfaces. This results in increased tooth strength, reduced wear, and improved overall gear durability, making herringbone gears suitable for high-load and high-speed applications.
- Efficient Torque Transfer: Herringbone gears offer efficient torque transfer due to their large contact area and overlapping tooth engagement. The double helical tooth profile provides a larger contact ratio compared to spur gears, resulting in improved power transmission efficiency and reduced stress concentrations on the gear teeth. This efficient torque transfer contributes to the overall performance and energy efficiency of the gear system.
- Axial Thrust Elimination: The double helical tooth profile of herringbone gears allows for the cancellation of axial thrust forces. The opposing helix angles create equal and opposite axial forces, effectively eliminating the net axial thrust on the gear shaft. This eliminates the need for additional thrust bearings or special provisions to counteract axial loads, simplifying the gear system design and reducing complexity and cost.
These are some of the key benefits of using a herringbone gear mechanism. Their high load capacity, bidirectional power transmission capability, smooth and quiet operation, improved tooth strength, efficient torque transfer, and axial thrust elimination make them advantageous in a wide range of applications across various industries.
Are herringbone gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Herringbone gears are well-suited for high-torque applications due to their design characteristics and advantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of why herringbone gears are suitable for high-torque applications:
- Large Surface Area of Contact: Herringbone gears have a larger surface area of contact between the gear teeth compared to conventional spur gears. This increased contact area allows herringbone gears to distribute the torque load more effectively. The larger contact area helps prevent tooth deflection and distributes the load across a greater number of teeth, resulting in improved torque transmission capabilities.
- Higher Torque Capacity: The design of herringbone gears enables them to handle higher torque loads. The opposing helix angles of the teeth in herringbone gears cancel out the axial thrust, which is generated during gear meshing. This cancellation of axial thrust allows herringbone gears to transmit higher torque without the need for additional thrust bearings or mechanisms. The increased torque capacity of herringbone gears makes them suitable for demanding applications that require high torque transfer.
- Reduced Gear Tooth Deflection: Herringbone gears exhibit reduced tooth deflection compared to spur gears. The double helical arrangement of the teeth in herringbone gears helps counteract the bending forces that can cause tooth deflection. This characteristic allows herringbone gears to maintain a more precise gear mesh, even under high torque loads. The reduced tooth deflection enhances the overall performance and reliability of herringbone gears in high-torque applications.
- Compact Gearbox Design: The high torque capacity of herringbone gears enables the design of more compact gearboxes. The ability to transmit higher torque loads in a smaller package can be advantageous in applications where space is limited. The compact design not only saves space but also reduces the overall weight of the system, making herringbone gears suitable for high-torque applications with size and weight constraints.
- Smooth Operation: Herringbone gears provide smooth and precise gear engagement, even under high-torque conditions. The opposing helix angles of the teeth facilitate gradual meshing and unmeshing, reducing impact and shock loads. The smooth operation minimizes vibrations and noise, which is particularly important in high-torque applications where excessive vibrations can lead to premature wear or component failure.
While herringbone gears offer several advantages for high-torque applications, it’s important to consider other factors such as lubrication, gear material, and system design. Proper lubrication and the use of high-strength materials can further enhance the performance and durability of herringbone gears in high-torque applications. Additionally, system design considerations, such as proper alignment, stiffness, and maintenance practices, should be taken into account to ensure optimal performance and longevity of herringbone gears in high-torque scenarios.
Are there different variations of herringbone gears available?
Yes, there are different variations of herringbone gears available to suit specific application requirements. Here’s a detailed explanation of some of the common variations of herringbone gears:
- Single- and Double-Sided: Herringbone gears can be classified as single-sided or double-sided based on the number of helical sections. Single-sided herringbone gears have a herringbone tooth profile on one side and a straight tooth profile on the other side. Double-sided herringbone gears have herringbone tooth profiles on both sides. Single-sided herringbone gears are commonly used when axial thrust elimination is not a primary requirement, while double-sided herringbone gears provide superior axial thrust cancellation.
- Conventional and Low-Backlash: Herringbone gears can also be categorized as conventional or low-backlash based on their tooth design and manufacturing precision. Conventional herringbone gears have standard tooth profiles and may exhibit some level of backlash, which is the slight clearance between the mating teeth. Low-backlash herringbone gears are designed and manufactured with tighter tolerances to minimize or eliminate backlash, resulting in improved precision and reduced vibration.
- Materials and Coatings: Herringbone gears can be made from various materials depending on the application requirements. Common materials include steel, cast iron, bronze, and non-ferrous alloys. Additionally, surface coatings such as nitriding or carburizing can be applied to enhance the gear’s hardness, wear resistance, and durability. The choice of material and coating depends on factors like load capacity, operating conditions, and cost considerations.
- Customized Geometries: Herringbone gears can be customized to specific geometries and specifications based on the application requirements. This includes variations in tooth dimensions, helix angles, pressure angles, and gear module (the ratio of the gear’s pitch diameter to the number of teeth). Customized geometries allow herringbone gears to be optimized for specific torque loads, speed ranges, and space constraints.
- Integrated Components: In some applications, herringbone gears may be integrated with other components to form specialized gear systems. For example, herringbone gears can be combined with planetary gear systems to create herringbone planetary gears, which offer high torque capacity and compact design. These integrated variations provide specific advantages in terms of load distribution, torque transmission, and overall system efficiency.
The choice of herringbone gear variation depends on the specific application requirements, including factors such as torque loads, speed ranges, axial thrust considerations, precision requirements, and space limitations. Manufacturers and engineers can select the most appropriate variation or customize herringbone gears to ensure optimal performance and reliability in their respective applications.
In summary, herringbone gears offer different variations such as single-sided and double-sided configurations, conventional and low-backlash designs, variations in materials and coatings, customized geometries, and integration with other gear systems. These variations allow herringbone gears to be tailored to meet the specific needs of diverse industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-11-03