High-precision plastic gearbox 0.2-1.0 modulus helical worm gear Custom plastic gear
Nylon gears, acetal (also known as Delrin) gears, and UHMW rack and pinion were originally introduced to the market to fill niche applications; however, this is no longer the case as plastic gears have quickly become a disruptive technology.
While most gears are traditionally made from various metals, plastic gear technology is pushing the previous limits of load carrying, torque handling and gear drive capabilities. These plastic gears and racks are identical in design to metal gears and racks, so they are directly interchangeable with steel and other OEM and custom metal gears and racks.
For nylon gears, self-lubrication is a key advantage. An ongoing problem with many metal drive gears is the need for external lubrication, a major problem when the gear is inaccessible or the lubricant only exacerbates the problem (such as gears operating in high dust or CHINAMFG environments). Can withstand the same load requirements for many applications with longer part life. Many specialty grades are also available to enhance certain properties (such as tensile strength or abrasion resistance) or to meet certain requirements (such as FDA and USDA regulations). Nylon also has high compressive strength and an excellent coefficient of friction at a cost comparable to or lower than alternatives.
About Acetal, also known as Delrin, is ideal for close tolerance gears that operate in harsh environments and do not expand or contract significantly under extreme temperature changes. These acetal gears are typically quiet in operation while providing exceptional strength, toughness and low friction. Acetal gears have even recently found their way into the automotive industry, where load and torque requirements have traditionally limited the usefulness of plastic gears.
UHMW and other high-performance plastic gears and racks offer the advantages of reduced wear and noise reduction compared to their metal counterparts, and UHMW is often considered when impact resistance is key. Many customers report that their UHMW racks have component life that is 10 or even 15 times longer than metal racks.
In addition, we can also customize large modulus gears of other high-performance materials, please contact us for the latest material quotation
(1) According to the different strength and performance, we choose the steel with strong compression;
(2) Using Germany professional software and our professional engineers to design products with more reasonable size
and better performance;
(3) We can customize our products according to the needs of our customers,Therefore, the optimal performance of the
gear can be exerted under different working conditions;
(4) Quality assurance in every step to ensure product quality is controllableProduct parameters
|Precision grade||DIN6, DIN7, DIN8, DIN10|
|Pressure angle||20 degree|
|Material||C45 steel, Stainless steel 304, Plastic, Brass, 20CrMo,40Cr and so on|
|Heat treatment||Hardening and Tempering, High Frequency Quenching,Carburizing etc|
|Surface treatment||Blacking, Polishing, Anodization, Chrome Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating|
|Application||Precision cutting machines. Lathes. Milling machines. Grinders.
Automated mechanical systems. Automated warehousing systems.
|Machining process||Hobbing, Milling, Drilling, Shaving, Grinding|
If you have any problems or want to get the quoted price of any plastics or machined components, please feel free to contact us. Our engineers will reply to you as soon as possible.
Our products cover auto parts mold, electrical appliances injection mold, medical machinery and so on. We provide products and services to more than 60 countries and regions in the world, including Europe, the United States and Southeast Asia.
Our factory has 100 sets of precision processing equipment, welcome to visit our factory!
The factory covers an area of 10,000 square CHINAMFG Production equipment has the original American imported Haas CNC machining center, wire-electrode cutting, electrical discharge machine,Perforating machine, injection molding machine, CNC milling machine,CNC hobbing machine, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, CNC lathe, CNC milling machine, grinding machine and other machinery and equipment.
OEM, ODM, Customization service,Reasonable and competitive price,Design for Manufacturability (DFM) analysis with every quote,Short Delivery Time.
Reliable mold expert 15+ years’ experience, Cooperated with many world famous brands for many years, Specialize in large and complex injection mold making, One-stop service from design to production.
Companies strictly enforce the ISO9001(2008)international quality certification system, the product quality conforms to the eu RoHS standard.
Our company is developing in the mode of quality for survival, brand for development and customer’s demand, welcome new and old customers to visit our factory for guidance.
Our Exhibition & CCTV Interview
Q1. Can samples be produced?
Q2. What is the accuracy of the products processed by the drawings?
A2. Different equipment has different accuracy, generally between 0.05-0.1
Q3. What craftsmanship do you have for processing accessories?
A3. According to different products, different processes are used, such as machining, extrusion, injection molding, etc.
Q4. What are your processing equipment?
A4. CNC machining center, CNC lathe, milling machine, engraving machine, injection molding machine, extruder, molding
Q5. Can you help assembling the product after it is made?
A5. It’s okay
Q6. What certifications or qualifications does your company have?
A6. Our company’s certificates are: ISO, ROHS, product patent certificates, etc.
Q7. Can injection products be surface treated? What are the surface treatments?
A7. It is ok. Surface treatment: spray paint, silk screen, electroplating, etc.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||Internal Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
What are the benefits of using plastic gears over traditional materials?
Using plastic gears instead of traditional materials offers several benefits. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using plastic gears:
- Weight Reduction: Plastic gears are significantly lighter in weight compared to gears made from traditional materials such as metal. This lightweight characteristic is advantageous in applications where weight reduction is important, as it can contribute to energy efficiency, lower inertia, and reduced wear on supporting components.
- Noise and Vibration Reduction: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment. Metal gears, on the other hand, tend to generate more noise and vibration due to their higher stiffness.
- Self-Lubrication: Certain plastic materials used in gears have inherent lubricating properties, allowing for self-lubrication between gear teeth. This reduces friction and wear, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements. Metal gears, on the other hand, typically require lubrication to reduce friction and wear.
- Corrosion Resistance: Plastic gears can exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals, depending on the chosen plastic material. This makes them suitable for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation or require additional protective measures.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. Plastic materials can be easily molded into complex shapes, allowing for the creation of custom gear profiles and tooth geometries. This design flexibility enables gear optimization for specific applications, improving performance, efficiency, and overall machinery design.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Plastic gears are often more cost-effective compared to gears made from traditional materials. Plastic materials are generally less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears, such as injection molding, can be more efficient and economical for large-scale production.
- Electrical Insulation: Plastic gears offer electrical insulation properties, which can be advantageous in applications where electrical isolation is required. Metal gears, on the other hand, can conduct electricity and may require additional insulation measures in certain situations.
- Customization and Color Options: Plastic gears can be easily customized in terms of shape, size, color, and surface finish. This allows for branding, aesthetic preferences, or specific identification requirements in various applications. Metal gears, on the other hand, have more limited options for customization.
These benefits make plastic gears attractive alternatives to traditional materials in many applications. However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements and operating conditions of the application when selecting the appropriate gear material.
How do you prevent premature wear and degradation in plastic gears?
Preventing premature wear and degradation in plastic gears requires implementing various measures and considerations. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to achieve this:
1. Material Selection: Choose a plastic material with suitable properties for the specific application. Consider factors such as strength, stiffness, wear resistance, and compatibility with operating conditions. Opt for materials that have good resistance to wear, fatigue, and environmental factors to minimize premature degradation.
2. Gear Design: Pay attention to the design of the plastic gears to minimize wear and degradation. Optimize the tooth profile, gear geometry, and load distribution to reduce stress concentrations and ensure even load sharing among the teeth. Incorporate features such as fillets, reinforcements, and optimized tooth profiles to enhance the gear’s durability.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to reduce friction, minimize wear, and prevent premature degradation. Choose lubricants that are compatible with the plastic material and the operating conditions. Ensure adequate lubrication by following manufacturer recommendations and implementing proper lubrication techniques such as oil bath, grease, or dry lubrication.
4. Operating Conditions: Consider the operating conditions and make adjustments to prevent premature wear and degradation. Control operating temperatures within the recommended range for the plastic material to avoid thermal degradation. Avoid excessive speeds or loads that can lead to increased friction and wear. Minimize exposure to harsh chemicals, UV radiation, or abrasive particles that can degrade the plastic material.
5. Maintenance: Implement regular maintenance practices to prevent premature wear and degradation. Conduct periodic inspections to identify signs of wear or damage. Replace worn or damaged gears promptly to prevent further degradation. Follow recommended maintenance schedules for lubrication, cleaning, and any other specific requirements for the plastic gears.
6. Proper Installation: Ensure that plastic gears are installed correctly to minimize wear and degradation. Follow manufacturer guidelines and recommendations for installation procedures, such as proper alignment, torque values, and fastening techniques. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, increased stress concentrations, and accelerated wear.
7. Optimized Load Distribution: Design the gear system to ensure even load distribution across the gear teeth. Consider factors such as tooth profile, tooth width, and the number of teeth to optimize load sharing. Uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and premature degradation of specific gear teeth.
8. Environmental Protection: Protect plastic gears from harsh environmental conditions that can accelerate wear and degradation. Implement measures such as sealing mechanisms, coatings, or encapsulation to shield the gears from exposure to chemicals, moisture, UV radiation, or abrasive particles.
9. Quality Manufacturing: Ensure high-quality manufacturing processes to minimize defects and inconsistencies that can compromise the durability of plastic gears. Use reputable suppliers and manufacturers that adhere to strict quality control measures. Conduct thorough inspections and testing to verify the quality of the gears before installation.
By considering these preventive measures, such as material selection, gear design, lubrication, operating conditions, maintenance, proper installation, load distribution optimization, environmental protection, and quality manufacturing, it’s possible to minimize premature wear and degradation in plastic gears, ensuring their longevity and performance.
What industries commonly use plastic gears?
Plastic gears find applications in various industries due to their unique properties and advantages. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use plastic gears:
- Automotive: Plastic gears are used in automotive applications such as power windows, seat adjusters, HVAC systems, windshield wipers, and various motor-driven mechanisms. Their lightweight nature, noise reduction capabilities, and corrosion resistance make them suitable for these applications.
- Consumer Electronics: Plastic gears are used in consumer electronics devices like printers, scanners, cameras, and audio equipment. Their lightweight construction, low noise generation, and design flexibility make them ideal for compact and noise-sensitive applications.
- Medical: Plastic gears are utilized in medical devices and equipment such as pumps, lab instruments, diagnostic devices, and surgical equipment. Their corrosion resistance, lubricity, and ability to be sterilized make them suitable for medical environments.
- Office Equipment: Plastic gears are commonly found in office equipment like printers, photocopiers, scanners, and shredders. Their low noise operation, lightweight construction, and cost-effectiveness make them popular choices in these applications.
- Industrial Machinery: Plastic gears are used in various industrial machinery applications, including packaging equipment, conveyor systems, material handling equipment, and small gearboxes. Their self-lubricating properties, corrosion resistance, and noise reduction capabilities make them suitable for these industrial environments.
- Toys and Games: Plastic gears are extensively used in toys, hobbyist models, and games. Their lightweight nature, cost-effectiveness, and ease of customization allow for the creation of intricate moving parts in these recreational products.
- Aerospace: Plastic gears are used in certain aerospace applications, particularly in non-critical systems such as cabin equipment, small actuators, and control mechanisms. Their lightweight construction and noise reduction characteristics are advantageous in aerospace applications.
- Telecommunications: Plastic gears find applications in telecommunications equipment such as routers, switches, and communication devices. Their lightweight design, noise reduction properties, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for these applications.
These are just a few examples of the industries that commonly use plastic gears. The versatility, cost-effectiveness, design flexibility, and specific performance characteristics of plastic gears make them valuable components in numerous applications across various sectors.
editor by CX 2023-11-07