|product name||Durable Spur Gear with ISO9001 for Packaging machine|
|material||stainless steel , iron , aluminum ,bronze ,carbon steel ,brass , nylon etc .|
|size||ISO standard ,customer requirements|
|BORE||Finished bore, Pilot Bore, Special request|
|surface treatment||Carburizing and Quenching,Tempering ,Tooth suface high quenching Hardening,Tempering|
|Processing Method||Molding, Shaving, Hobbing, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Manual Chamfering, Grinding etc|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching & Tempering, Carburizing & Quenching, High-frequency Hardening, Carbonitriding……|
|Package||Wooden Case/Container and pallet, or made-to-order|
|Machining Process||Gear Hobbing, Gear Milling, Gear Shaping, Gear Broaching, Gear Shaving, Gear Grinding and Gear Lapping|
|Applications||Toy, Automotive, instrument, electrical equipment, household appliances, furniture, mechanical equipment,daily living equipment, electronic sports equipment, , sanitation machinery, market/ hotel equipment supplies, etc.|
|Testing Equipment||Rockwell hardness tester 500RA, Double mesh instrument HD-200B & 3102,Gear measurement center instrument CNC3906T and other High precision detection equipments|
1. why should you buy products from us not from other suppliers?
We are a decade year-experience manufacturer on making the gear, specializing in manufacturing varieties of gears, such as helical gear ,bevel gear ,spur gear and grinding gear, gear shaft, timing pulley, rack, , timing pulley and other transmission parts .
2. what services can we provide?
Accepted Delivery Terms: Fedex,DHL,UPS;
Accepted Payment Currency:USD,EUR,HKD,GBP,CNY;
Accepted Payment Type: T/T,L/C,PayPal,Western Union;
3. how can we guarantee quality?
1 .Always a pre-production sample before mass production;
2 .Always final Inspection before shipment;
3 .We have high-precision CNC gear grinding machine, high-speed CNC gear hobbing machine, CNC gear shaping machine, CNC lathe, CNC machining center, various grinding machines, universal gear measuring instrument, heat treatment and other advanced processing equipment.
4 . We have a group of experienced technical workers, more than 90% of the workers have more than 10 years of work experience in this factory, can accurately control the manufacturing of products and customer needs. We regularly train our employees to ensure that we can produce high-precision and high-quality products that are more in line with our customers’ needs.
Welcome to visit our factory!
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
What are the limitations of using plastic gears in industrial settings?
Using plastic gears in industrial settings has certain limitations. Here’s a detailed explanation of these limitations:
- Lower Load Capacity: Plastic gears generally have lower load-bearing capacities compared to metal gears. They are more susceptible to deformation and wear under heavy loads or high torque conditions. This makes them less suitable for applications that require withstanding substantial forces or transmitting high power.
- Temperature Sensitivity: Plastic gears have temperature limitations, and their performance can be affected by temperature variations. Some plastic materials may experience dimensional changes, loss of strength, or reduced stiffness at elevated temperatures. Additionally, high temperatures can accelerate wear and reduce the lifespan of plastic gears. Therefore, plastic gears may not be suitable for applications that involve high-temperature environments or extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Environmental Sensitivity: Plastic gears can be sensitive to certain environmental conditions. Certain plastic materials may degrade or become brittle when exposed to specific chemicals, solvents, oils, or UV radiation. This restricts their use in applications where exposure to harsh chemicals, lubricants, or outdoor elements is common.
- Wear and Abrasion: While plastic gears can offer good wear resistance, they are generally more prone to wear and abrasion compared to metal gears. Under heavy-load or high-speed conditions, the surface of plastic gears can wear down, leading to a decrease in performance and potential failure over time. Additional measures, such as incorporating reinforcements or using lubrication, may be necessary to mitigate wear in certain applications.
- Dimensional Stability: Plastic materials can have lower dimensional stability compared to metals. They may experience creep, shrinkage, or expansion over time, which can affect the accuracy and reliability of gear operation, particularly in applications with tight tolerances or precise gear meshing requirements.
- Impact Resistance: Plastic gears may have limited impact resistance compared to metal gears. They can be more susceptible to damage or fracture when subjected to sudden impact or shock loads. This makes them less suitable for applications with high impact or heavy-duty requirements.
- Compatibility with Existing Systems: In some cases, replacing metal gears with plastic gears may require modifications to the existing system. Plastic gears may have different dimensions, mounting requirements, or gear ratios compared to metal gears, necessitating design changes or adaptations to accommodate the use of plastic gears.
Despite these limitations, plastic gears can still offer significant advantages in certain industrial settings, such as reduced weight, noise reduction, and cost-effectiveness. It’s crucial to carefully evaluate the specific application requirements and consider the trade-offs between the benefits and limitations of plastic gears when deciding whether they are suitable for a particular industrial setting.
How do you prevent premature wear and degradation in plastic gears?
Preventing premature wear and degradation in plastic gears requires implementing various measures and considerations. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to achieve this:
1. Material Selection: Choose a plastic material with suitable properties for the specific application. Consider factors such as strength, stiffness, wear resistance, and compatibility with operating conditions. Opt for materials that have good resistance to wear, fatigue, and environmental factors to minimize premature degradation.
2. Gear Design: Pay attention to the design of the plastic gears to minimize wear and degradation. Optimize the tooth profile, gear geometry, and load distribution to reduce stress concentrations and ensure even load sharing among the teeth. Incorporate features such as fillets, reinforcements, and optimized tooth profiles to enhance the gear’s durability.
3. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to reduce friction, minimize wear, and prevent premature degradation. Choose lubricants that are compatible with the plastic material and the operating conditions. Ensure adequate lubrication by following manufacturer recommendations and implementing proper lubrication techniques such as oil bath, grease, or dry lubrication.
4. Operating Conditions: Consider the operating conditions and make adjustments to prevent premature wear and degradation. Control operating temperatures within the recommended range for the plastic material to avoid thermal degradation. Avoid excessive speeds or loads that can lead to increased friction and wear. Minimize exposure to harsh chemicals, UV radiation, or abrasive particles that can degrade the plastic material.
5. Maintenance: Implement regular maintenance practices to prevent premature wear and degradation. Conduct periodic inspections to identify signs of wear or damage. Replace worn or damaged gears promptly to prevent further degradation. Follow recommended maintenance schedules for lubrication, cleaning, and any other specific requirements for the plastic gears.
6. Proper Installation: Ensure that plastic gears are installed correctly to minimize wear and degradation. Follow manufacturer guidelines and recommendations for installation procedures, such as proper alignment, torque values, and fastening techniques. Improper installation can lead to misalignment, increased stress concentrations, and accelerated wear.
7. Optimized Load Distribution: Design the gear system to ensure even load distribution across the gear teeth. Consider factors such as tooth profile, tooth width, and the number of teeth to optimize load sharing. Uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and premature degradation of specific gear teeth.
8. Environmental Protection: Protect plastic gears from harsh environmental conditions that can accelerate wear and degradation. Implement measures such as sealing mechanisms, coatings, or encapsulation to shield the gears from exposure to chemicals, moisture, UV radiation, or abrasive particles.
9. Quality Manufacturing: Ensure high-quality manufacturing processes to minimize defects and inconsistencies that can compromise the durability of plastic gears. Use reputable suppliers and manufacturers that adhere to strict quality control measures. Conduct thorough inspections and testing to verify the quality of the gears before installation.
By considering these preventive measures, such as material selection, gear design, lubrication, operating conditions, maintenance, proper installation, load distribution optimization, environmental protection, and quality manufacturing, it’s possible to minimize premature wear and degradation in plastic gears, ensuring their longevity and performance.
Can plastic gears replace metal gears in certain applications?
Yes, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Plastic gears offer a range of advantages that make them suitable alternatives to metal gears in specific scenarios. Some of the factors that determine whether plastic gears can replace metal gears include the application requirements, operating conditions, load capacity, and desired performance characteristics.
Advantages of Plastic Gears:
- Lightweight: Plastic gears are significantly lighter than metal gears, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important. This can lead to energy efficiency, reduced inertia, and lower wear on supporting components.
- Low Noise and Vibration: Plastic gears have inherent damping properties that help reduce noise and vibration levels during operation. This makes them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired, such as in consumer electronics or office equipment.
- Corrosion Resistance: Certain plastic materials used in gear manufacturing exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion and chemicals. Plastic gears can be a suitable choice for applications in corrosive environments where metal gears may suffer from degradation.
- Self-Lubrication: Some plastic materials used for gear manufacturing have self-lubricating properties. This reduces friction and wear between gear teeth, eliminating the need for external lubrication and simplifying maintenance requirements.
- Cost-Effective: Plastic gears can be more cost-effective compared to metal gears, especially in large-scale production. Plastic materials are often less expensive than metals, and the manufacturing processes for plastic gears can be more efficient.
- Design Flexibility: Plastic gears offer greater design flexibility compared to metal gears. They can be molded into complex shapes, allowing for custom gear profiles and tooth geometries, resulting in optimized performance and efficiency for specific applications.
Limitations of Plastic Gears:
- High Torque and Load Capacity: Plastic gears may not have the same torque and load capacity as metal gears. In applications requiring high torque or heavy loads, metal gears may be more suitable due to their higher strength and durability.
- High Temperatures: Plastic gears have temperature limitations depending on the chosen material. In applications with high operating temperatures, metal gears that can withstand the heat may be necessary.
- Precision and Positioning: Plastic gears may not offer the same level of precision and positioning accuracy as metal gears. Applications that require tight tolerances and precise gear meshing may still require metal gears.
In summary, plastic gears can replace metal gears in certain applications where their advantages align with the specific requirements and operating conditions. It’s crucial to carefully evaluate the application needs, load capacity, temperature range, and other factors to determine if plastic gears are suitable replacements for metal gears.
editor by CX 2023-11-03